Saturday, February 13, 2010

The past 13 months of my life have been filled with experiences.

 This statement as a whole is a pretty obvious one.  Life is, in fact, a collection of experiences.  Some good, some bad, some memorable, some not.  My experiences over the past 13 months could easily be broken down into one of those 4 categories.  We experience things at all times.  Even when we are asleep we are having experiences.

The above statement appears on the screen with a sense of intended deepness.  It reads as one of those "so simple it's profound" statements people make to show how evolved they are.  For that simple reason I almost hate making it.

Here's the thing though... I don't reflect usually.  I'm not someone who continues to process something.  I don't tend to immortalize experiences in any way.  I'm not a picture taker, a journaler, a scrap booker or any other person who places experiences or memories into any special place.  Best I can do is failed blogger.

However I know I learn from experiences.  I know I have the critical thinking skills to dissect and understand my experiences...to recall them...to examine multiple perspectives of them.  I know I'm not the only one who operates this way.

So what causes people to have organizational systems for reflection?  Why do people like it?  Why do they stick with it?  How does it help?  Would it help me to really try?

Truth, I love what I'm doing.  I love what I've done (even if I didn't always like it).  I'm excited to do more.

Onward in service.

No comments: